I'm in the process of planning/practicing our migration to Cloud.
When I run the planning/test parts of the migration tool on our server, it runs as expected. But I found, as I began addressing the issues the list (after the tool had seemingly reached a point where it was done processing anything further until I gave it more input), that our JIRA server had become unresponsive.
I found that the instance running JIRA was in pegging 100% of cpu resources across all processors/cores.
I didn't expect the tool to interrupt production during business hours (egg on my face). I ended up having to restart the server, and it didn't seem to experience this issue afterwards.
..until now, after business hours, I tried it again and it is doing the same thing.
Anyone have any ideas on what to do, where to look, etc.?
I did notice that in the logs folder queries in /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/atlassian-jira-slow-queries.log entries like this:
2021-12-15 18:02:45,491-0500 pool-36-thread-18 WARN <USERNAMEREDACTED> 1075x2261x3 1tw443i /rest/migration/latest/check/67fb93a1a366691aa7972119d6f34f907fe1c904
[c.a.j.i.search.providers.LuceneSearchProvider_SLOW] LuceneQueryExecutionEvent{query={issue in childIssuesOf(<KEYREDACTED>-134)}, queryTermMetrics={org.apache.lucene.s
earch.TermInSetQuery=TermMetric{count=1, isCustomField=false}}, numberOfClausesInQuery=1, executionTime=1940, numberOfResults=0, collectorType='TopDocs'}
So it appear to be running queries in the background....but it seems to me there should be a limiter on this type of thing.
I'm going to let this run all night, maybe it will finish up whatever it is doing with itself.