I have a custom field of "Label" type and it is used extensively in projects. Problem is that it is added on the create issue screen of an issuetype. When I create a new issue from Scrum Board Backlog option, then the custom field appears with a pre-filled value even though I have not typed anything yet. Why is that happening?
The custom field does not have a default value set from the field configuration. The value is not pre-filled when the issue is created from Create button. The Scrum board has a filter and JQL is filtering out issues based on that custom field.
e.g. project = ABC and "name of label field" = xyz.
then if we create issue from "+ Create issue" --> "Open i dialog" option, the screen displays value xyz for the label field.
Jira version: 8.13.3 and it occurs on both- server and data center