Hello,
I have a WebHook configured in Jira to send the Sprint created, updated, started, closed, deleted events to an Automation I created.
The Automation receives the data in a smart value as: {{webhookData}}
An example of data received for the Sprint updated is below:
{webhookEvent=sprint_updated, oldValue={id=3202, self=https://xxxx.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/3202, state=future, name=Test Sprint 12346, originBoardId=260}, sprint={id=3202, self=https://xxxx.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/3202, state=future, name=Test Sprint 12346, startDate=2021-12-13T07:00:00.000Z, endDate=2021-12-20T07:00:00.000Z, originBoardId=260, goal=}, timestamp=1639243910842}
As you can see, the value I receive for startDate/endDate is formatted as:
2021-12-13T07:00:00.000Z
I am not totally certain why, but I am having difficulties trying to use date functions (see: here and here and here and here ) on the resulting smart value -- e.g. {{webhookData.sprint.startDate}}
As I really want to convert this from UTC to PST8PDT. I have tried just above everything.
According to the documentation,
| jiraDateTime | 1979-11-01T06:23:12.0-0500 |
But, what I am receiving is formatted slightly differently (I am receiving a *.000Z instead of a *.0-0500). Is this causing the problem? Any ideas what the proper way to handle this is? Should I strip off the characters to the right of the dot "."?
Thanks.
As a note, what I am doing is creating a "record" of each Sprint in a new Jira Project (called Administrivia). This project includes custom fields for: Sprint Id, Sprint Name, Sprint Start Date, Sprint End Date, Sprint Goal plus statistics about the sprint (Starting count of PBIs, Starting Sum of Story Points, Ending count of PBIs, Ending Sum of Story Points, Average Cycle Time) - plus Team Name (which, by standard, is embedded in the Sprint Name), Sprint Number (which, by standard, is embedded in the Sprint Name).
This will allow me to create Dashboard of various slices of data. As an example - What are the Sprint Goals of the Active/Open Sprint across 30 Teams operating in parallel Sprints? What is the trend of Average Cycle Time for Squad 1 over the past 20 Completed Sprints. Etc. I am almost completed, I just need to figure out this last thing (hopefully).