Hello,
I am attempting to setup a new Wenhook in our JIRA software server 8.5.4.
The server we are attempting to contact is in our WAN and has no external access.
What we would like to do is add in the URL the Username and Password for the other server (Not JIRA).
For Exmaple -
- https://test.tst.pri/docrequest.aspx?action=T&jirareference=${issue.key}&login=myuser&password=123456
The Login and Password are the other servers login credentials.
Has anyone been able to do this?
Or are we stuck with Anonymous access????
Hey @AndreH
I'm curious, why wouldn't you just pass the login credentials through basic auth somewhere else? For example, here's the auth tutorial for the rest api: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/basic-auth-for-rest-apis/
Or are you basically just using a static account and hoping to append a URL? I don't believe thats possible, but I'd be interested in knowing if it is.
They don't want to setup an API on the other server.
They just want to append the Login Credentials in the URL (JIRA's webhook URL)
Unfortunately I don't think that's possible. Its a pretty unsecure way to request that you're better off just exposing to unauthenticated users.
If they're open to it, I'd recommend them setting up Oauth/an Applink between their application and Jira, mentioned here: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/oauth/ . Under "Step 2" they have an example (in bitbucket) that should get you moving pretty quickly if they're open to it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.