I have a repository setup as Public following this instruction project --> repository setting-->Access Level (unchecked up the option "this is a private repository" --> save . I did the change 2 days ago and still is asking for credentials when I try to clone the project in a different laptop .
Hi, @jcrphx!
Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
I tested cloning a public repository and it didn’t ask me for a password, so in order to further investigate what's happening on your side, could you please share the following information with us?
The repository URL, so we can confirm if there is something wrong with this repo;
A screenshot that shows the clone command you are executing and the output;
Are you cloning this repo from the command line/terminal or a Git client (if so, which one)?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,Caroline
Hello Caroline,
This is my repository URL
https://bibhcket.org/jcrphx/simpletimeservice/src/master
As an anonymous user I found, that if I try to clone the repository via SSH I am getting the fatal message below,
git clone git@bitbucket.org:jcrphx/simpletimeservice.gitcloning into 'SimpletimeService'git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).fatal: could not read from remote repository.Please make you have the correct access rightsand the repository exists
but If I try via https ..it works fine as expected
git clone https://jcrphx@bitbucket.org/jcrphx/simpletimeservice.git
If this is the right behavior expected please then disregard and thank you very much for your support.
Juan-Carlos
Hi, Juan Carlos!
Thanks for getting back to us! Indeed, this is expected. I'm glad to know this is working!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.