My machine lost ts magic smoke, so I have had to restore to a temporary machine (windows). The sources are on a Linux VM, (restored) with a share.
Therefore I work in windows, editing sources via the share.
To save the changes, I use gitgui to set up the commit (done) and the push.
However the push is failing, and git gui refused to save the fingurprint (bug??).
So I set up a putty session, using SSH and stored the fingerprint.
Now it is failing with "FATAL ERROR: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey) fatal: Could not read from remote repository."
What do I need to set up? I'm guessing it is something for git on the windows end, but I know not what.
I do have password access to bitbucket, so I can get into the account.
More info. I had not set up .ssh under my new user, and then found I could not read the keyfile (on the restored
drive). Now I get this....
ian@ganymede MINGW64 /d/TempFiles/Temp4
$ git clone git@bitbucket.org:coachmaster/coachmaster.git
Cloning into 'coachmaster'...
FATAL ERROR: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
ian@ganymede MINGW64 /d/TempFiles/Temp4
$ ssh -T git@bitbucket.org
authenticated via ssh key.
You can use git to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled
ian@ganymede MINGW64 /d/TempFiles/Temp4
$
Ideas anyone?
Ian