Hello,
I am planning to migrate JIRA ( Server Jira v8.13.0 ) to cloud.
Since I have a few apps installed on JIRA server I use the cloud migration assistant to assess migration impact. ( I went through https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3cTyyqy46g )
I ran through the first step "Assess Your Apps" and I am struggling to determine if needed functionality is available in cloud.
The cloud migration assistant , displays three column in the screen for "Assess Your Apps" as below
column 1) Status - A drop down that allows selection between "needed in cloud", "not needed in cloud" , "use alternative", and "no decision made".
column 2) An indicator that denotes if app "Exists in cloud " or not.
column 3) An indicator that denotes if app "Can be migrated "or not ( upgraded or as-is)
The utility and interplay of these three colums isn't clear.
For example if an "app" does not exist in cloud - as denoted by indicator in column 2 but still I need its functionality in cloud then should I be selecting "needed in cloud" in column 1 drop-down, or should I select "use alternative" ?
How will the assistant treat these ?
To be more specific - consider below example of JEditor plugin
My JIRA instance uses JEditor plugin and I need that functionality in cloud ( If I disable JEditor plugin then then HTML content is not rendered properly - the html tags show up in page instead of formatting)
"Exists in cloud" indicator for "JEditor Plugin" shows a red "cross" . I selected "use alternative" in the drop-down in column 1 . (rather than selecting "Needed in cloud" )
The assessment report in next step then tells me there is "NO alternative available" for "JEditor Plugin"
Does that mean that the functionality provided by JEditor ( rich text or html formatting in content rendered ) will no longer be available in cloud ? Or does it mean that while neither the same plugin nor an alternative plugin is available, but functionality is still available in some other form ?
And if the functionality isnt available at all, then what is the point of allowing me to select "Needed in cloud" in column one drop down? Shouldnt that be grayed out ?
Your inputs much appreciated -
Many thanks for your help
Best regards
Yogesh