Our organization has not yet adopted story points, but we do use sprints. We use hours to plan and measure burndown... so in effect hours are our story-points. I submit that there are other organizations like this and that allowing greenhopper to use time estimates instead of story points would be widely applicable.
Issue 1:
To create sprints, I use the "Planning Board" to plan the sprint using time remaining. Then I write down what the "last" issue id is, switch to a scrum rapid board, find my "last" issue again, and move my sprint marker to the right place.
If the sprint marker could be use 'time remaining' instead of story points, I could do all this from the rapid board.
Issue 2:
Burndown charts look really useful... but since I don't use story points, it's actually useless.
Edit (I phrased my question as a feature request... let me correct that now):
Question 1) I can use "version statistics" to create a sprint marker-ish divider. Once I have the right number of issues "above" the marker, how do I start a sprint?
(My current solution is to write down the issue id, switch to a scrum rapid board, find the issue again, and move the sprint marker into the right position.)
Question 2) Is there a burndown chart that plots time estimated/remaining (instead of story points)? I've found a dashboard widget that does this, but not a chart within the "agile" tab.