Hi Community,
Is there any way we can calculate the sum of storypoints on stories to that epic!!!
How to accomplish this!!
Thanks in advance!!!
Best,
Ganesh.
Hi Ganesh,
Please navigate to boards, click on Backlog >> Click on Epics Panel >> Click on the specific epic you want to see the sum of story points and check the Estimate value.
Please check and let me know that if it helps.
Alternatively you can use Epic Sum Up (our plugin) to summarize Story Points, besides Time or whatever you want in a brief panel like this:
Hi @Ganesh
I used for it Automation for Jira app. Works good.
@Andreas Haaken (APTIS) This looks amazing I wish my org could use this, but unfortunate we are limited!!! Thanks for your time writing to me!!!
@Suvradip Paul Thanks for writing to me by taking your time!!! I have navigated myself by using above instructions, I can see the story points of an individual stories(after clicking on epic panel and selected individual epic)!! However we have 300+ epics and I need to calculate all those (Epics-->stories--->story points)!!! I need the sum of all those story points of stories!!!
Could you please help with this!!!
@Sebastian Krzewiński Much appreciated!!! Will ask my authorities to look over this add on!!! Thanks for the information!!!
Hi @Ganesh ,
Thanks for your response.
Sorry I though it was just one of the case as it was not explicitly mentioned in the description.
I would definitely recommend to use Jira Automation as suitable option to achieve this.
For a ready made solution, to visualize your hierarchies and track sum up at each level, you can try out our add-on Agile Tools.
Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status
Key features of the app are :
1) Links/Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up for hierarchy (up to 10 levels), based on your Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps/Issue Links parent child relationship.
2) Epic Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask
3) Time in Status :- More than 7 types of Time in Status reports to track your issues.
4) Worklogs Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features
5) Timesheet :- View/Enter your time spent for multiple days
Hi @Ganesh,
There is a good solution for your request - Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira app developed by our team. You can get a bar chart of sum of story points grouped by epic as in the below screenshot. Hope it helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.