I have been working on a project for a few weeks now using ssh key. However today I tried to push some changes and received this error:
kex_exchange_identification: read: Operation timed out
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
I then tried again and received a similar but slightly different error:
kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
When I saw this I went a checked both the access keys for the repo and my account SSH keys. The repo access keys was empty and said 'there are no keys configured'
. My account ssh keys only had a default public key
.
I then tried to add my ssh key back to both the repo and my account, however, when I did I would be told 'Someone has already added that SSH key to another account'. When Looking online to resolve this I came across this command
ssh -T git@bitbucket.org
This would give me an error again
kex_exchange_identification: read: Operation timed out
I only have one account and have only used the one SSH key.