I have a parent issue of type "Group", and a child issue of type "Issue" however, I have created a custom field called "Linked Group" which is a single issue linker type field ( that points to the list of "Group" issuetypes.
When an "issue" is transitioned from "Open" to "Assigned" via the "Assign" Transition I wanted to apply the following logic...
- IF there is a linked Group ( via the issue linker field ( called "Linked Group" ) then.
- Find the Linked Group's Assignee value.
- Then update the "issue" object to make the issue.assignee == the linked group's assignee.
I have looked at everything ( and everywhere) however I cannot get it right.. -- Some of my challenges are:
- I dont actually know what link type is used on the issueLinker type ( I heard its not a bi-directional link)
- I dont know what the best way to implement this is ( since i do have ScriptRunner)
- essentially, i could move the "Group" issue to a "Linked Epic" or "Parent" -- however the users did want to see the field name "Linked Group" from the screen -- so also looking for advice there,
Much thanks!