I'm looking for any Greenhopper rest api documentation that tells me the available URI's I can interface with to get data out of our system. I can use "jira.com/rest/greenhopper/1.0/rapidview" which seems to work but only found by coming across a blog on the web - is there any official documentation or wiki?
Thanks.
We're pleased to announce that JIRA Agile now has a public REST API. The new officially supported REST API includes a number of improvements over the old private JIRA Agile REST APIs:
Check out the documentation for the latest version here: https://docs.atlassian.com/greenhopper/REST/cloud/
If you are currently using the private JIRA Agile REST API, see the instructions below:
If you have problems using the new JIRA Agile REST API, create an issue in the ACJIRA project on ecosystem.atlassian.net (not the issue tracker shown at the top of this page).
Andrew LuiTechnical writer, JIRA ecosystem
We have a couple of pages available on developer.atlassian.com in particular here and here which could provide you with the information you might be looking for.
Thanks Mick. What I'm really after is this https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/6.1/ but for Greenhopper. You can see from Omar's answer in this blog below that there must be something that tell's him to use 'rest/greenhopper/1.0/sprints/{rapidviewid}' but what? https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/133844/greenhopper-rest-api-listing-all-issues-in-a-sprint
You can browse the API using the REST API Browser and see what is available. It can be accessed on the dev toolbox in your development JIRA. Check the instructions here - https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Using+the+REST+API+Browser
In the upper left you select the plugin you want to browse and it lists its API. This isn't documentation, but it will provide you with a list of the URIs and you can try to call them from there.
Regards,
George
Right, but there's no documentation of how to use each resource. So it's back to Inspect Element and read the source
I'm in the same boat as you guys. I'm currently researching how to use the REST API to return this:
http://jira.[MY-DOMAIN].com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=[ID]&quickFilter=[FILTER]
as a JSON object. I can get the RapidBoard data:
http://jira.[MY-DOMAIN].com/rest/greenhopper/1.0/xboard/work/allData/?rapidViewId=[ID]
but not with the quickFilter. Any suggestions would be most helpful, even if I have to dig myself.
Which JIRA Agile REST resource are you using to get the same info as RapidBoard? Is it for plan or work board.
From what I understand, RapidBoard comes with our implementation of JIRA. We're currently using JIRA v5 and Greenhopper v6.
Hi there,
There is already an improvement request being tracked to document REST API for Agile here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6786
Cheers,
Pietro
I've run across the same problem. If documentation is going to take awhile (seems to have been in request for over a year now) can we at least get an explanation of how to add a filter? In my case, I just want a specific sprint (our organization's rapid board contains multiple different teams running parallel sprints). If I provide sprint or sprintId or anything else, it still gives me all the sprints on my rapidboard. I see in the response there's an "activeFilters" response, but I've tried putting jql, filter, quickFilter, etc into the request with no success. If the issues actually had the sprintId in them, I'd be able to use that to determine which sprint I want and get just those, but they don't. It looks like my only option is to combine this with another request (standard JIRA issue api for that given sprint, then loop through those to get my data and combine it with the story info here).Any thoughts on this?
This link may be useful : https://jira.atlassian.com/rest/greenhopper/1.0/application.wadl
Try to wget it, it's a wadl format (same spirit than wsdl!).
It may not provide any documentation, but if the services have an explicit name, we may understand by ourselves what it's designed for
Hello Andrew, We noticed several changes in the new REST API compared to the previous one, most important change: creation of scrum and kanban boards via the HTTP REST call jira.com/rest/greenhopper/1.0/rapidview, which is now obsolete, and not replaced at all. This feature has been removed. Question: are you aware of any replacement method to create boards, or else, do you expect a new method to appear in the upcoming releases, to replace this missing feature? Luc, for Nuum Solutions
I'm confused by the current documentation, I can't find the sprint documentation easily from the main (?) REST api page: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/cloud/
As for now, for sprints I have found this:https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/api-group-sprint/#api-group-sprintI know it may be a bit late but I hope this may help someone in the future
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.