I'm using Bitbucket to host a project and use a local JIRA server for issue tracking. All seems to work nice with the DVCS plugin, but the way the messages are displayed in the activity stream seems to be half finished.
When I tried doing a commit including the JIRA issue key in the commit message it showed up in the project as expected. It even showed up in my own activity stream, which I guess is because I used the same email in the Git setup. But other than that the message appears to be saying the commit was done by someone else.
That is in a way correct since there is no connection between the Git usage and the JIRA account. But still there is a connection; was it done on purpose? Or is there something missing?
Some suggestions for improvement:
- Make it possible to link the JIRA account with a Bitbucket or GitHub user account.
- Alternatively use the email as unique identifier and display the Git/Hg actions as performed by the JIRA user registered with that email.
- Document how user identities are handled in the DVCS plugin.