Hi,
I am looking to figure out how to capture a list of all Sprint Goals across all Active Sprints.
1. I know I can create a Scheduled Automation to identify all items in a Sprint:
type in standardIssueTypes() and Sprint in openSprints()
2. I know, for each issue, I can identify the name and goal of the active sprint***
sprintName = {{#issue.customfield_10006}} {{#if(equals (state, "active")) }} {{name}} {{/}} {{/}}
sprintGoal = {{#issue.customfield_10006}} {{#if(equals (state, "active")) }} {{goal}} {{/}} {{/}}
Note: customfield_10006 is mapped to "Sprint"
3. I know how to send the results of this information to, say, Slack
4. But I have no idea how to "cull" through the list, to eliminate duplicates. Is this possible in Automation?
As a note, my goal is to somehow display this in a Jira Dashboard or a Confluence Page. My strategy is to create a Custom Field (called Aggregated Sprint Goal) and associate it with a "special" Jira project (called Administrivia) which contains a single ticket (e.g. AMD-001). When the Automation is completed, it will update the field in that ticket with this value. It's a bit far fetched, but I wanted to give it a try.
*** A debt of gratitude to @Bill Sheboy for teaching me how to to the above!
Doug