Hello,
I am trying to find a way to count the comments on a page (the ones at the bottom as well as the inline comments) without using dedicated macros.
In my current situation, I only have a macro avaiable which requires the pageID as an input (the keywords $self or @self are not working) and returns a predefined table without the option for further customization.
I couldn't find the macro in the list of macros, so I guess it's a custom macro.
Also for this macro to work I would need to created the page including the pageID macro, obtain the pageID, edit the page, insert the custom macro with the pageID and save. Unfortunately this is not an option in the current situation.
I am not an administrator and have no access to e.g. the HTML marco.
Using Xpath in Chrome, I could count the comments by using
$x('//*[@id="page-comments"]/li').lengthHowever I am not able to get this code (or its Jquery equivalent) to the page.
I tried using the Markup macro for that, but the code isn't rendered, because Confluence does not render the <script> tags for security reasons, if I am not mistaken.
So without being an admin and without having a dedicated HTML macro, how could I possibly count the comments on a page?
Your help would be really much appreciated 