Hi,
I have just performed an update of Jira Core from 8.11.1 to 8.20.2. I run SQL 2014 on Windows. The update went without issue however when i start Jira, I get an error that it can not connect to the database. I have had no problems previously connecting to the database before the intstall. Steps I have tried to troubleshoot with:
1) I ran the config.bat configuration tool and tested the database connection. Test is successful. There is a log entry "WARNING: TLSv1 was negotiated. Please update server and client to use TLSv1.2 at minimum". I am not sure why to enable TLS 1.2?
2) Open up the jira URL and i get the error
Database: JIRA couldn't connect to your database
JIRA failed to establish a connection to your database.
This could be because:
- Your database isn't running
- The configuration of your dbconfig.xml file is incorrect (user, password, or database URL etc.)
- There is a network issue between JIRA and your database (e.g. firewall, database doesn't allow remote access etc.)
There are several other solutions you can try, review our documentation and see what works for you.
I un unsure why i can connect via the Jira Configuration tool and still unable to startup jira. I am in need of assistance as i have been down all day. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Mark