hello all
in Jira permission scheme I see that permissions can be grant to users with application access
1- JIRA SOFTWARE
2- any logged in users
what is the difference between them ?
Hi Ayala,
Your Jira instance can have multiple products in it - Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Jira Work Management, Team Central, etc.
So the differences would be that
1 - only allows users with access to the Jira Software product
2 - anybody logged into your instance, regardless of what products they have access to.
Also, realize that in your case, they might both mean the same thing. :-)
Thank you John !
Hi John, I have an instance of JIRA and Confluence running and I'm currently in trial for the "standard" license. I have created separate Spaces for different project within the company. These are coupled to identical JIRA projects to track related issues. We have internal team members split across projects. I can control which internal members see the projects in Confluence by adding them all to a "project group". However in JIRA the default permissions appear to allow every logged in JIRA user to see all projects. If I want to change this ( give certain members access to certain project ) do I need to delete each entry for "any logged in user" in the JIRA project permissions and replace it with a group permission? If so, is there a way to bulk remove the default ( there a loads of granular permissions ). thanks.
That means that both below down can move issues to Closed status? Or they need other permisssions?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.