When using JMWE to clone a task into a subtask, if the parent task has an epic link the subtask then gets an epic link as well and we cannot remove it.
@chaim H ,
I assume you're using a Create/Clone Issue(s) post-function, and the "Copy all fields" option, right?
In that case, that's probably a limitation of the post-function - when creating a sub-task, I guess the post-function should avoid copying that particular field. But then, Jira could also not store it for sub-tasks if it doesn't allow the Epic Link field for sub-tasks...
The workaround is to use the "Copy all fields that appear on the Create screen of the issue type to create, in the target project" option instead.
I have created https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/JMWE-1181 to track that bug.
Regards,
David
That is what we were doing, I'll try the change, thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.