I have created several custom fields for a project. Problem is, I can't do a search on those fields to find an issue. How do you make the fields searchable?
Can you provide more information about the steps you are using to try to execute a search using those fields?
And, what type of custom fields are they?
Hi, maybe the (free) app https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212004/search-fields-gadget?hosting=server&tab=overview is an option for you.It is a search gadget on a dashboard.
I recently activated this at/for a customer of mine.
It works simply but well.
Greetings Marco
It's a drop down box labeled Categories. While in the project, I click the 'View all Issues and Filters' link. Click on the MORE button and you can choose a field. I see the fields I created, but they are grayed out - disabled.
I work in Jira Cloud rather than Jira Server, but I think I found a document that might help you.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/basic-searching-939938708.html#Basicsearching-troubleshooting
"Some fields are only valid for a particular project/issue type context. If you choose a field in your search, then remove all projects/issue types that reference the field, then the field is invalid. The invalid field does not apply to your search and displays in grey text."
You may need to select other constraints for your search first, to build a search where those custom fields would become meaningful.
Thanks. I do have the field associated with my project and issue type.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.