I am trying to update my JIRA instance from 8.20.0 to 8.20.1 to resolve the security issue. I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong. I am running Windows Server 2019.
For some reason, the installer did not detect an existing instance of JIRA installed so it defaulted to "express installation" option I can choose upgrade existing instance but it tried to look for the JIRA installation in C:\Program Files\Jira Software which does not exist. I've had JIRA installed in C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Jira installed for as long as I can remember.
I can navigate to that folder and select it. It backed up the installation directory and now it's stuck in uninstalling previous version and has been like this for 3 hours. I don't think it normally takes that long to perform the entire upgrade let alone just the uninstall piece
I can see the Atlassian Service get removed from my services manager
When I upgraded from JIRA 8.13.4 to 8.20.0, the installer auto detected the the installed instance and allowed me to upgrade to it with no issue.
Thank you.