Hi!
I'm getting crazy...
When I get answer via e-mail, JIRA creates a new ticket with subject RE: xxxx
How do I change so that this answer is in the same ticket, I don't want a new ticket for every ticket.
Please guide me, I have tried...
Hello @Reine Berg
Usually, JSM creates a new ticket if it does not find an existing ticket number in the subject line of the email.
I would suggest you try to make the subject like '[ABC-123]: Test Issue', where ABC-123 is an existing issue number. This was the email body will be added to the comment of the issue.
Please share any further queries.
Let me know if this helps and accept the answer.
Hi!Thank you for your answer.The tickets look like this, it matches exactly.
Shouldn't JIRA recognize that user are replying to the ticket?
Hey @Reine Berg,
This problem is one of use cases when our app Issue Merger PRO for Jira comes in handy. Using our automation, you can define that if an issue is created and a summary contains an issue that existed in your project, the whole body will be merged to this source issue. You can also define that this "re:" issue will be closed and linked to the source issue. Check if this app will be helpful. You can also book a session with our team to discuss your use case: calendly.com/appsvio We'll be happy to help!
Currently, the format does not recognise Re: which proceeds while replying to an email. I would suggest you try the option shared earlier.
Thank you.
That is really a bad thing that JIRA can't handle that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.