I recently upgraded our JIRA running 7.13.9 to 8.20.0, however after making the usual changes we do to the bellow files -
atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/web.xml
atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/seraph-config.xml
conf/server.xml
bin/setenv.sh
The service will no longer start, I've checked the the out put from > install/logs/catalina.out and the only thing i receive is
NOTE: Picked up JDK_JAVA_OPTIONS: --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAME D --add-opens=java.base/java.io=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.util=A LL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.util.concurrent=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens =java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport=ALL-UNNAMED
Unrecognized VM option 'PrintTenuringDistribution'
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
I dont get any new details in the log/atlassian-jira.log
Systemctl output doesnt give me much info either
Nov 03 01:41:00 servername.com jira[5738]: `UOJ
Nov 03 01:41:00 servername.com jira[5738]: Atlassian Jira
Nov 03 01:41:00 servername.com jira[5738]: Version : 8.20.0
Nov 03 01:41:00 servername.com jira[5738]: If you encounter ...
Nov 03 01:41:00 servername..com jira[5738]: Server startup lo...
Nov 03 01:41:00 servername..com jira[5738]: Existing PID file...
Nov 03 01:41:00 servername.com jira[5738]: Removing/clearing...
Nov 03 01:41:00 servername.com jira[5738]: Tomcat started.
Nov 03 01:41:00 servername.com runuser[5745]: pam_unix(runus...
Nov 03 01:41:00 servername.com systemd[1]: Started (null).