Hello,
I started using a Jira automation and realized that I cannot insert an image in an issue description. Is there any work around for this?
Oooh. Tricky. So the only way Jira does images inside of Description is by including an attachment with code like:
!middle.jpg|thumbnail!
I don't think Automation (in the Cloud) allows for adding attachments. :-{
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75991
https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1030
Interestingly, Automation on Server and Data Center does appear to have this capability:
https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-162
OH!
So if by chance the image you want to include in Description is externally accessible (doesn't need to be an attachment to Jira), you could do this:
Michael Cera!!https://i.imgur.com/rbXZcVH.jpeg!
That ended up giving me this:
I guess it would help if we knew what your use case was.
@Darryl Lee .
Thank you for your suggestion. That makes sense.
My use case was to attach screenshot images of the task showing how to configure XYZ.
I think I should probably embed an external google doc or something that contains more details about the task with screenshot images in this case.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.