I am using Structure Gantt to schedule my tasks based on the time tracking information, with start and end date fields in the issue for manual adjustment.
I am finding that the auto scheduling feature positions tasks in the past. Two examples:
- if I add a new task to the project it is scheduled as far to the left as the project start date and dependencies allow;
- I have a 1 week task which was started 2 weeks ago but has been delayed, 3 days work has been logged to the task, so it is correctly showing 60% complete, but the remaining 2 days are still scheduled for when they were originally planned, supposedly complete a week ago.
In both cases it does not makes sense for the task to be scheduled in the past. For the first example I expect the new task to be positioned no earlier than today's date. For the second example I expect the start date to match that defined in the task's start date field, and the end date to be 2 days after today's date.
I have tried various options in the Gantt configuration but I'm not getting anywhere.
Am I expecting too much?