I AM ON JIRA SERVER
I want to set the value of Target Start to be the present day, but this JSON is returning an error saying the value has to be a string. Anyone can help?
So... this may just not be possible:
As @John Funk wrote back in Nov 2020:
This is the second time in a couple of weeks where people are having trouble in Automation with the Target Date. It "seems" to be a typical date field type, but it doesn't behave as one when using Automation.
And @Bill Sheboy found:
According to this Code Barrel ticket, the Portfolio and Advanced Roadmap fields are not supported yet: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1370
According to this Code Barrel ticket, the Portfolio and Advanced Roadmap fields are not supported yet:
https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1370
Alas, that Improvement request still appears to be open. :-{
Also, it is a locked custom field. This custom field is created and required by Portfolio for Jira.
Looks like "Target Start" is just a date (without a timestamp)? Maybe try:
{{now.jiraDate}}
Some other functions you might try are here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/date-and-time-functions-993924864.html
I just tried that and got the same error.
Here is the error I am receiving:
"(Operation value must be a string (customfield_14202))"
It would be helpful to do some debugging to see what an existing value looks like (to Automation).
So I would create a new rule with a Manual Trigger that doesn't do anything but do a Log action with a message of:
Target Start: {{issue.customfield_14202.value}}
And then manually trigger the rule from an issue that already has Target Start set, then look at the Audit log for this new rule to see what a "valid" value looks like.
I suppose you might also try:
{{now.toString}}
Same ticket in Atlassian's system: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-159
Hello the attr for the field "Target date" is "customfield_11001" you can export to XML any Epic or Task and check this...
I wrote a rule to update the target start when a ticket transitions from To Do -> In Progress, which works perfectly. Hooe this helps. Here's the custom JSON:
{"fields": {"Target start": "{{now.jiraDate}}"}}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.