I've spent some time reading through Atlassian's doc and there doesn't seem to be a simple way to do what I want. Basically, I want to configure a webhook to send a message to my app every time a ticket is closed.
I want to do this using SSL (of course) which seems fine although I may occasionally need to send responses from Jira to hosts with self signed certificates (I cannot control this unfortunately).
Also, I really want to include a signing token or API key or some other authentication mechanism that will allow my app to verify the webhook request from Jira.
It seems that I can only do this with Connect which means (I think) that I need to create and publish a marketplace app, which is a lot more than I'd like to do.
I need to something similar in Slack for example and Slack provides a signing mechanism to verify its requests.
tl;dr is there an easy way to do this with Webhooks or do I have to use Connect or something like Zapier? I suppose embedding a secret in the URL would work but that is far from ideal, for obvious reasons.
Thanks