We have been using AWS Codepipeline/codebuild for CI-CD and use bitbucket cloud for git provider.
After reviewing this wonderful post, https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/devops/aws-codepipeline-build-status-in-a-third-party-git-repository/, I was able to set up feedback from AWS codepipeline in bitbucket.
However, nothing shows up in the Deployments dashboard on Bitbucket cloud still. I would love to be able to see our deployment status on deployments dashboard in bitbucket cloud. Is there a way to achieve that as of now ? Is that in the roadmap?
Hi, @Simran!
Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
Could you please confirm if you have specified a deployment environment in your YAML file? In case you have, would you be able to double-check whether the deployment name is listed in the Repository Settings > Deployments settings?
In case you would like to read more about how to set up and monitor deployments, you can access the following link:
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/set-up-and-monitor-deployments/
Please, feel free to share any additional questions regarding this case.
Kind regards,Caroline
@Caroline R Thanks for your response. In the link you shared, it says:
Add the deployment keyword, followed by the name of the environment, into the relevant step in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file.
I do not have a bitbucket-pipelines.yml file because we are using code pipeline/code build for CI-CD. Based on https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/devops/aws-codepipeline-build-status-in-a-third-party-git-repository/, have been able to have pipeline status posted back to bitbucket from AWS code pipeline, would like to understand how to expand that solution so that it shows up in the deployments as well.
Thanks for the additional information. In this case, there is no native way to achieve that, however, you can use the following Pipe to see the deployments:
Bitbucket Pipelines Pipe: AWS CodeDeploy
I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions.
@Caroline R Thanks for your response. We are not using codedeploy but codepipeline and codbeuild. Since it's possible to share the pipeline feedback with bucket as documented here, https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/devops/aws-codepipeline-build-status-in-a-third-party-git-repository/ , my understanding is that deployments should be similar as well. Would be great if you could please have this looked into internally? I'll check with AWS support as well. Thanks
I found this is painful too. And I created a open source dashboard which everyone can use.
The link is: https://deployment-dashboard.hexagonprofile.com/
It's quite simple to use and quite convenient to us. Here are some screenshots.
where I can see sources?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.