Hi fellow Community members!
My question is simple: when I unsinstall an app from the UI and Jira is being restarted later I often notice the app is installed again when looking at the manage apps page. Does anyone else experience this behavior?
I'm quite sure this happens because the plugin .jar file remains in the installed-plugins directory.
Another thing I notice is a lot of older jar files after a plugin has been updated. Here is an example:
ls -al installed-plugins/ | grep jira-misc
-rwxrwxr-x 1 jira jira 11515978 Aug 11 12:58 plugin.8158756660257786115.jira-misc-workflow-extensions-6.6.1.jar
-rwxrwxr-x 1 jira jira 10760795 Aug 6 15:49 plugin.8944103389415008213.jira-misc-workflow-extensions-5.6.2.jar
This happens for all other jar files including jira-servicedesk-* and jira-software-* files. For some I even have 3 different versions in the installed-plugins directory
ls -al installed-plugins/ | grep jira-servicedesk-application
-rwxrwxr-x 1 jira jira 3149184 Aug 6 15:49 jira-servicedesk-application-3.15.1.jar
-rwxrwxr-x 1 jira jira 3050568 Aug 6 15:49 jira-servicedesk-application-4.12.2.jar
-rwxrwxr-x 1 jira jira 3050572 Aug 11 12:11 jira-servicedesk-application-4.13.1.jar
I don't think a manual cleanup of this directory is necessary in normal circumstances.