I'm using the native Jira Software email capabilities and I'd like to be able to filter the comments that are created.Creating issues and comments from email | Administering Jira applications Data Center and Server 8.5 | Atlassian DocumentationLooking at the options for incoming mail, I see several choices.
I am using the first option, but I'd like to Create a New Issue, combined with "Add a comment before a specific marker or separator".Right now, when someone replies to a ticket email, their comment has the whole email thread attached every time.
As per this document
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-938847641.html
...have you checked the Strip Quotes option?
Yes. Here are the options set:Bulk: ignoreCC Assignee: falseCC Watchers: trueCreate Users: trueNotify Users: trueStrip Quotes: true
I didn't mention in my question, but on a previous system, I used JEMH. It had a fairly complicated RegEx filter to get rid of the quoted part of the email replies. Our users are using Outlook as their email client.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.