We need a filter to show comments on closed tickets. This would be comments from external customers who find old email notifications and email in with additional questions.
Hello @Dan Rushing
Welcome to the community.
You mentioned comments from external customers. Are you working with a Jira Service Management project or a Jira Software project?
What exactly do you mean by "filter to show comments"? The output of the search filters is a list of issues, and in the UI at least the output doesn't include showing the comments on the issues.
Are you first trying to identify the issues where customers have added comments after an issue has been closed?
What problem are you trying to solve by getting this info? What are you needing to do with the information?
Hi @Trudy P Claspill , thanks for the reply.
I am working with Jira Service Management.
Yes, we are trying to identify issues where one of our external customers has sent a email (comment) on a closed ticket.
I was hoping I could find a way with JQL to find comments from a external customer, on a closed ticket. Then, setup a subscription when one is identified.
Thanks,
Dan
It doesn't appear that Jira Server natively supports a JQL keyword for distinguishing between customer comments and comments by non-customers, nor internal-only vs. public comments.
There are several third party apps available in the Marketplace to extend the JQL functionality. I have not reviewed them all, but you may find one that would enable you to construct the query you need to at least identify closed Service Desk issues where a customer has added a comment after the issue was closed. I don't think you'll be able to get the comments themselves included in the query output, though.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&product=jira-service-management&query=search
Hi Dan,
I have the exact same scenario. Did you ever find a solution?
Thanks, Andy
Hi Andy, we did not use anything from the market place. Instead our admin was able to create a notification that is sent to our team when a email comes in on a closed ticket.
Thanks for sharing. I did something similar as it happens and used the MS Teams webhook to post a comment to a Teams channel.
Andy
Can someone help understand why a simple query where incident resolved date greater than update will not work in Jira Service Management.
I am trying to find any incident which were updated after the resolution date or closure date. Later will try to examine how many were updated because of any comment or because of any other reason.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.