Hello,
I am trying to import a companies trac project into jira. Currently I have a problem when importing issues containing special german chars. It seems that all umlauts occurring in the trac ticket description are not correctly recognized. After the import they show up as questionmarks (?).
I made sure that all 'layers' and components are configured to us utf8:
- the trac db,
- the os running trac
- jira-app
- jira-db (postgres)
- both os running the db and the app
Actually it somehow works: Umlauts used in the trac ticket summary are correctly handled during import. No problem here. Also when creating new issues in jira: no problem here ! Importing issues with umlauts using csv importer works as well. No problems with umlauts here !
I checked the postgres db: The questionmarks occur already in the jiraissue table (column description). I noticed that the type postgres db type is VARCHAR rsp. TEXT for column summary rsp. description. However, I dont believe that this matters.
Any ideas ?
Internationalization settings:
| Indexing language | English - Aggressive Stemming |
| Installed languages | English (UK) English (United States) French (France) German (Germany) Japanese (Japan) Spanish (Spain) |
| Default language | English (United States) |
| Default user time zone | (GMT-06:00) GMT-6 |
some more settings:
| Java Version | 1.7.0 |
| Java Vendor | Oracle Corporation |
| JVM Version | 1.7 |
| JVM Vendor | Oracle Corporation |
| JVM Implementation Version | 21.0-b17 |
| Java Runtime | Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment |
| Java VM | Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM |
| User Name | jira |
| User Timezone | Europe/Berlin |
| User Locale | English (United States) |
| System Encoding | ANSI_X3.4-1968 |
| Operating System | Linux 3.13.0-77-generic |
| OS Architecture | amd64 |
| Application Server Container | Apache Tomcat/7.0.55 |
| Database type | postgres72 |
| Database JNDI address | postgres72 jdbc:postgresql://172.17.0.3:5432/postgres |
| Database URL | jdbc:postgresql://172.17.0.3:5432/postgres |
| Database version | 9.4.0 |
| Database driver | PostgreSQL Native Driver PostgreSQL 9.0 JDBC4 (build 801) |
JIRA info:
| Version | 6.3.15 |
| Build Number | 6346 |
| Build Date | Tue Feb 03 00:00:00 CET 2015 |
| Build Revision | dbc023dd75cecacf443c4b235f66124b15f5c5fe |