Hi there,
I need to manage a project on JIRA containing multiple sub-projects.
All those sub-projects are related to each other, but are versioned separately, and never bundled together.
I need to have an overview of all those sub-project to have a common planning and to be able to have stories impacting more than one sub-project (without having to duplicate them).
Currently, each sub-project is a component, and I have one global project with all the stories:
Project
- Component1
- Component2
- ...
Advantages:
- We have an overview and a common planning for all those components
- Possible to make a story related to multiple component
Problems:
- There is only project versioning in Jira... it is not possible to version a component (except with a plugin)
I'am wondering if the JIRA way to do it isn't with multiple independent projects.
Board
- Project1
- Project2
- ...
Advantages:
- Native versioning
- Possibility to have an overview of all the projects in a board
Problems:
- We need to have stories related to multiple projects and it seems to be not possible in JIRA (unlike for epics)
What do you think of this? What is the best way to do this?
Is there a way to solve this problem of stories related to multiple projects?
Thanks!