Hi, I am a real beginner on GIT and this is basic concept question with basic how to question.
My understanding is
1. Create main/master repository on cloud and clone/copy the repository as a branch(let's say A branch)
2. A branch has same files as Master branch
3. Using "git clone" and bring all files to local repo.
In this step, I only can clone master branch. Can I clone A branch?
4. Edit/create files in local.
5. Using "git add, git commit" and put changes to my local repo
6. Using "git push" and put it on A branch in cloud
In this step, my changes go to master branch.
Isn't this go to A branch and I follow PR, approve and merge steps?
My questions are
How can I push my local changes to A branch, not master.
How can I set master branch to deny direct push from local.