Dear All,
I'm quite new in a role as a Jira admin and I would appreciate some general guidance in the following use case. Curently we are using Jira, Confluence, JSM, Tempo (timesheets and planner).
1. Our customers will open tickets on a JSM portal
2. I would like to provide some context to this tickets (eg. their test/production environment url). I guess I should link somehow organization in JSD project with an JSM CMDB object customer and provide some custom fields (e.g filter just environments for a particular customer on a issue they enter). Is this possible? Any documentation how to do it?
3. This tickets will be resolved either directly on JSD project or linked to various backend Jira projects. I would like to track the amount of time consumed for a particular customer, know how much of this time is billable and have control over actual hours to bill (eg. consumed time is just a suggestion, operator is able to adjust actual hours beeing billed). I guess Tempo account comes in play at this point. Is this correct direction? Is there a way to link/sync... organizations in JSM with a tempo account? What happens with a time consumed on a ticket in a backend Jira project that is billable and linked to eg. 20 different JSD tickets?
4. I would like to collect this information and generate an invoice in external application using Rest API. Something like this:
For all customers
select hour, ticket_id
from ?
where billable=true and status=ConfirmedByCustomer and month=thismonth
How to do this?
Any guidence will be appreciated. I hope I plan to use correct plugins to achive this tasks...
Regards,
Ziga