I am currently moving our Confluence Server installation to a new machine.
Before I set the new Confluence Server as the active one, I want to make sure, that I did everything right when transferring the data and database.
So this is the current situation:
Old Confluence Server is the active one using Postgres and being licensed.
New Confluence Server has already a set up Postgres database with a dump from the old Postgres DB.
I'm stuck in the installation process whether to choose an evaluation installation or a productive one. I want to choose the productive one without licensing it first, so I can check if the data are displayed correct, then make a delta copy of changes and transfer the license. But I don't want to give the license yet, since this would also deactivate the current running server.
I could also choose an eval installation, then afterwards give the correct JDBC connection string to my postgres database and copy the existing app-data. But I'm not sure if I can then start the new confluence server for testing purpose with the snapshotted live data.
Which way would be better? Or is there another possibility?
I know, that my way doesn't stick to the recommended ways but I'm aware of the potential risks.