Hi,
I am trying to setup Jira for the first time, i've downloaded it and installed it on my pc. Ive created an SQL database called "connecttojira", set the collation to sql latin general cp437 ci ai, created a scheme and alter database to set read committed snapshot on. Made my way to the cmd and ran as admin, cd'd into the jira bin folder and config.bat in order to open up the JIRA Configuration Tool.
Here I input all the database details:
I first set the Database type to: SQL Server (because im using sql server) then I input the connection details as follow:
Hostname: localhost, Port: 1433, Database: connecttojira, Username: sa, Password: (correct password) Scheme: dbo.
The problem I'm getting is that when I test connection with these settings I get an error saying "Could not connect to the DB: Cannot open database "connecttojira" requested by the login. The login failed."
When I type in the wrong credentials, obviously I get a wrong credential error message which means that my credentials are fine...
I'm at a loss on what to else I can do... Can anyone help me?