We had a required validator that had to be checked for the approval process to continue. We needed to change some options and we got rid of the other validator. Now we can't move forward with approval process because it tells us we need to check the box. There are no boxes to check and no validator.
@Aaron Andrade
It looks like you removed the field from the screen but you need to remove the validator from the workflow. Check the transition on the workflow to ensure that the validator does not exist on that specific transition.
There isn't enough information here for me to say for sure but...
This error appears to be a system that has a validator in place but has had the field being validated removed from the screen.
You say that you removed the validator. I'm fairly sure that there is still a validator in there.Sometimes when I fix a workflow I forget to click on Publish. And workflows can be complicated so maybe there are several validators and there are still some left? Or maybe you didn't click "save" that last time on the change?I can't say for certain but it sure LOOKS like there is still a validator in there somewhere...
DM-- Jira often requires you to save twice; so remember to look for that second click that seals the deal!
@Brant Schroeder
Before I even removed the fields from the screen I made sure to delete the validator. I have looked through the whole workflow and cannot find anything about the EMP local backup. I don't know where to go from here.
Does the project have multiple workflows associated with it?
Hi @Aaron Andrade
Check if you have published the workflow changes (deletion of the validator). Check also the field confguration. You might have set this field as Required. If so, just make it optional.
yes it does.
We did check the configuration after we kept getting the error and it was already optional.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.