The best way to describe this problem is to use a case study with name-changes.
Lets assume my name is Robert Paulson, and I just started working at Google. I have been assigned the email address of robert@google.com.
It turns out that once upon a time there was another Robert employed at Google (full name Robert Smith), and he had also been issued the email address of robert@google.com. Mr Smith was using this email address with his BitBucket account to access company files. Mr Smith then left Google before I started ...
Now, when I (Robert Paulson) log in to BitBucket using my robert@google.com email address for the first time, I am still presented with Robert Smith's (empty) BitBucket account. I am unable to change the name of the account (inside Personal_Settings>Account_Settings).
The main issue is that I am unable to clone a repo using git terminal commands. When issuing the git clone command, I get hit with the following error (even though I am able to view the repo files on Bitbucket webpage):
"Forbidden
fatal: Could not read from remote repository. Please make sure you have the correct access rights"
Please note that I have added new ssh keys several times to try and debug what has been going on, and this doesn't seem to be the issue. When I run ssh -T git@bitbucket.org I receive the following response:
"authenticated via ssh key. You can use git to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled"
I was, however, able to clone repos from within GitKraken. I was also not able to initialize submodules from within GitKraken, or with terminal commands.
My feeling is that there are artifacts/remnants of Robert Smith's old BitBucket account interfering with my current Robert Paulson account. When I click on my avatar at the bottom left, it shows the name Robert Smith (not me). Please can someone clarify.