This is a general git question. I want to share my repo with other developers but my code has a login and password in it (for Parse.com's API) which I don't want them to see. I can see a couple options:
1) Don't include the login and password in my source code. When I build the app I manually copy/paste the login and password into the right place, compile, then remove the login and password before the next commit.
2) Setup two repos. One private repo for myself which has the login and password in the code and one for sharing. I would manually remove the login and password whenever I needed to update the shared repo from the private one.
3) Some feature of git or sourcetree that I don't know about which hides the login and password from everyone except me.
How do others do this? Are there best practices?