Via automation an issue is created in a project. I would like to automatically assign this issue based on a value that can be found in the description of the issue.
How can I achieve this through automation?
Thank you.
That depends on some additional details. Can we assume that you are using the automation for Jira addon? Can you explain what the values would be in the description that you would leverage when setting the assignee? How reliable is the data? I would assume you would leave it unassigned if you can't determine the value? Basically, I think what you're going to need to do is to have and if-else block that checks the description when an issue is created and sets the assignee based on a static list of text you inspect.
Thank you for your suggestion.
My question is not relevant anymore.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.