I am trying to run a rule that will auto-populate a custom user-picker field. Anytime an issue is created I want it to take the value of the reporter field (which I believe is itself a user picker field) and auto-populate the custom user-picker field with that same exact user. Sounds like a simple enough request but I can't see a way to do this via a custom rule. Thanks in advance
Hi @Brian Fisher ,
Try this please:
Keep in mind that you have to change the copy value, as to state "Copy Reporter from current issue".
Hi @Brian Fisher
I recommend you use jira automation with the smart values for your user picker custom field.
Try: {{reporter.accountId}}
Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-users/
That doesn't work. maybe it has to be a different field type?
OK I don't see those options on my screen. Maybe this is a version issue? We are running Jira core 8.11.1
I think that it depends on the JA version and not on Jira version. None the less, you can try what @Fabian Lim proposed then, who said {{reporter.accountId}} and not {{reporter.displayName}} that you wrote.
I tried a few different variables including {{reporter.accoundid}} none of them worked. DisplayName is just the screenshot I took. When you say JA do you mean Jira Applications? Service Desk is the only one we use (4.11.1)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.