After following the deployment instruction for Bitbucket Runner on an AWS EC2 instance I can't get the pipeline to access the instance role.
I tried setting up the credential file inside the container using:
credential_source=Ec2InstanceMetadata
This works inside the bitbucket runner container but not the running pipeline. I imagine it's related to the fact that the instance gets these credentials from the url http://169.254.169.254/latest/meta-data/iam/security-credentials/my role/ which work in the bitbucket runner container but not the running pipeline one.I understand that I can create a user with credentials to get around that but my infra team requires access through the instance role.
I have a very closely related problem and something very close to a solution but for the ability to inject an environment variable from the outer container in ECS-EC2 into the inner container running the script of a pipeline step...
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/use-IAM-role-credentials-from-private-runner-executing-inside/qaq-p/1934915
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.