I need some advice.
I'm working with 2 organizations that have merged into one company. Here's what I'm dealing with:
- The parent org has a 1 year old, very small, non-customized Jira cloud instance with only 5 projects, no subscriptions to service desk or confluence and no external users/customers
- The child org has a 4+ years old, somewhat bigger, robustly customized Jira cloud instance with 35 projects, fully enabled service desks and confluence instances and external users/customers.
The task is to merge the two. The thought from the parent's perspective is to bring the child into the parent instance. That's going to take a lot of backend work to customize the parent to accommodate the child instance's technical requirements.
Looking at the backend workings of both sites, I keep thinking that it is a better solution to bring the parent into the child instance. It would be not only easier, but provide fewer opportunities for data loss or possible glitches to migrate the simple parent instance into the complex child instance. This way workflows, permissions, automation and all customized areas would remain intact.
I need suggestions!