Hi, Everyone!
I hope you're well.
I'm looking for a sans-scriptrunner solution to limiting visibility/access to a certain issue type/queue.
I would like my Database Administrators issuetype to be limited to members of the Database Administrators project role to view and work on.
I am running into an issue with embedding the issue security level within the issue. Here are the methods I've attempted so far:
Method #1 - Post Function
Using a post function within the Database Administrators workflow that sets the issue security level based on Reporter group membership

Blocker - It doesn't appear that the issue security level is not being appended to the issue at the 'Create' transition.
Method #2 - Automation Rule
Automation Rule set to trigger upon creation of request of "Database Administrators" issuetype in our designated Project, which will then alter the value for 'Security Level' to "Database Administrators"

Blocker - Error Recieved -
Edit issue
No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project):
Method #3 - Embed within the issue view
Mapped 'Security Level' field to appropriate screen > Attemped to add a field to the issue view and cannot select any value but, 'None' & cannot select 'None' as a default value.
Blocker - Error Recieved - "You must enter a preset value for a hidden field."