I would like to know any given time, what our release date will be for everything in the backlog (including items remaining in the current Sprint). Or similarly, when I have a release date that I want to deliver a project by, I want to know what items from the backlog will make it in by that release date.
In the past, prior to Greenhopper, I have used an excel spreadsheet that lists all the user stories, with their story points and I know that I have X number of story points until the release date. Based on the velocity and the story points I have, I can figure out what will make it in to the product by the release date.
This feels like something that should be achievable in Greenhopper either through a burndown chart for the entire project (rather than on a per sprint basis) or through some other means.
How do people achieve this functionality in Greenhopper?
Thanks!