How can I sort Project Components? The Component view doesn't allow sorting on any of the fields. The default looks like by component name alphabetically.
Thank you
Where are you wanting to sort the values? In the Components definition screen? In the Components field when you pull it down?
Is alphabetic by name an unsatisfactory way to sort the items? If you don't want them sorted that way, how do you want them sorted?
In the Components definition screen? YesIn the Components field when you pull it down? Yes
I don't have the pull down option on any of the fields even on the name field.
I'm open to other ideas. Our project contains thousands of components and it's hard to navigate without sorting.
There doesn't appear to be a way to sort them on the Components screen but there is a change request for that:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-65292
In the Components field, on Jira Cloud at least, the values sort in alphabetical order.
Is there any way to reduce the number of components in your list? Thousands seems like an unmanageable number. Why do you have so many?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.