When I use the keyboard shortcut to close the current window (cmd+w) the app is also quit. This is counter to Mac app design standards and is not intuitive to Mac users.
How can I close the current Jira app window without quitting the app?
I'm a little confused by your question (and how you've tagged your question).
Using Jira Cloud on a Mac means we're using a browser to get to Jira. Command+W in the three browsers I use will close (only) the current browser tab.
There really isn't a way to "quit the app" when using Jira Cloud. Your Jira Cloud is always running. All of your Jira interface exists in Browser tabs and windows.
I see you've also tagged this question with "jira-mobile". Are you perhaps using Jira Mobile on an iPhone? Or maybe on an iPad with a keyboard? Clarity about your situation will help people to better answer your question.
Hi Alex,
Thanks for the feedback!
For the macOS app, we're using Apple's Catalyst technology and until our app supports multiple windows, this is how Catalyst manages the lifetime of the app. I'll forward your feedback to the team.
Thanks,
Simon
I am using the native macOS app downloadable through the Apple app store.
I logged this under the category titled "Jira Mobile & Desktop Apps" which made sense to me, and this automatically (and somewhat strangely) adds the tag "jira-mobile". I further manually added the tag "mac" to indicate I mean the Mac desktop app.
I supposed that this "jira-mobile" tag was added by the form to direct this to the native apps team (knowing the Mac app is quite new and this team would mostly be dealing with mobile apps). Better options and more clear tag assignment through this form could have helped avoid this ambiguity
Hi Simon,
Thanks for the prompt reply!
Knowing now that the Jira macOS app is implemented using Catalyst I can understand some of the challenges with lifecycle management.
Your dev team may find this resource helpful in diagnosing this.
Best regards,
Alex
Thanks Alex for the link. I'll talk to the team about this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.