We find ourselves creating the same sub-tasks for a lot of stories which is very tedious. is there a way to have a common set of sub-tasks for a new story to make tasking out stories easier?
Yes, it's. Issue template can autocomplite issue, subtask when you create issue. It can create set of subtasks in postfunction for example after creation of issue. You can use some variables in creating issues or subtasks and it has more features.
@Jim Constant: There are different plugins for this scenario:
I have written the first one btw
Yes. You can add a postfunction on create, after the last standard JIRA action. In that, you can specify the creation of the subtasks.
Adding to what Micha said, you can achieve that using:
Thank you all! These all look great!
Can we approach this without buying a plugin version. My company they don't have the above mentioned links products. But we have JIRA which purchased.
What one of my project team need is, creating several templates and each and every templates have its own already created sub tasks. So when choosing the template, the all the sub tasks needs to be created automatically.
Is there way that I can solve this without going to buying the purchase version of plugins?
Thanks All,
Regards
No.
Thanks Ragu
Some of the plugins are free, though so you don't need to purchase anything?
Hi Daniel,
There is also this one which I believe is very good and useful:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218418/automatic-subtasks-professional?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
Josh
OB1
So just to be clear - as of the 8.1 install, there isn't a way to do this without downloading a plugin or using cloning as a workaround? How is that possible?
I'm still very new to Jira so there's certainly stuff I don't understand, but it looks to me like we pay for a product only to have to download other products (many of which are paid) to achieve the automation and efficiency which Jira is supposed to handle for us. Given that getting new software approved can sometimes be a weeks-long (or even months-long) process, why on earth would a company that supports managing agile work (which is based around understanding your user) ever think that this model works for anyone?
Sorry to vent--I just don't understand why copying issues is so freaking hard in this tool. I shouldn't have to learn a new coding language just to copy an issue. Loading 300 issues has literally taken my team several weeks because we keep having to stop to learn code and new functionality that we thought would be simple.
I feel the same way... The whole marketplace is a BS factory of things that should be core features to Jira. We are seriously considering migrating our whole org away from jira for things exactly like this.
Casper, I tried the non-plug-in option of cloning the template issue (with a dozen sub-tasks), but the sub-tasks didn't get copied. I am on Jira-server with portfolio. Any pointers on why it could have failed? thanks in advance.
Dwarakanath Karanam
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.