I have the following use case.
- There is a documentation that is the current valid version
- People need to work on an update, as long as the update is being worked on, the old one is the valid one
- At some point, the new one is accepted and should replace the old one
- The creation and acceptance process require that a large number of people have access to the draft and can comment on it
I have looked at collaborative editing, but only editors can see the proposed changes and there is a maximum of 12 editors for a page if I understand the documentation correctly, which is not enough by far.
I have been looking at cloning the documentation to a new version and working one that, publishing the clone for review purposes, but links to the old one should survive when the new version is accepted (we do not want broken links).
Is there a way to do this?