Hello Atlassian Community!
I am working on sorting out an issue with our sole webhook subscriber for our Statuspage and have a primary question about troubleshooting that I couldn't find answers to after scouring the documentation and community Q's and A's. Following the breadcrumbs of course lead to 3 sort of sub-questions that I couldn't find definitive answers on.
My primary question is around troubleshooting (general) of the webhook notification deliveries. As I mentioned I have a customer who has both an email subscription and a webhook subscription and they're not receiving the webhook subscriptions. I checked all the things I could think of (the webhook isn't quarantined, exported subscriber list to see if there was any additional hidden data, webhook subscriptions are enabled, etc). I was curious if there's any additional logging anywhere or how we can verify that the the webhook notifications actually went out. If they're not receiving the notifications I would think it means that either the notification never went out or that there's a problem with the url but if the url is bad then I would imagine it should've gotten quarantined after the retries.
And now for the questions from deep down the rabbit hole!
- I found this question where the answer from Atlassian indicated that Statuspage doesn't honor case sensitivity in webhook subscription url's - at least not as of July 2018 - is this still the case? My customer has some caps in their URL and they did confirm that the url is case sensitive.
- In response to this question about Microsoft Teams the answer indicated that (at least for this integration) direct webhook subscriptions from Microsoft Teams aren't supported but would need to be configured from the third party app integration. Is this true for all third party app integrations, or just this one? And does this only apply to integrating your own MST with your own StatusPage or does the limitation also apply to your customers who want to consume webhooks from your Statuspage into their third party app (I'm especially interested in PagerDuty)?
- In this article it was indicated that as of November 2019 double opt-in would be required to subscribe to a Statuspage. The title indicates that this is for email, sms and webhooks, but the article really only talks about sms. If so, is the delivery of the email associated with the webhook subscription considered the double opt in?
- I noticed that by default you seem to use sendgrid for delivering the alerts - do we have access to the backend sendgrid account used for our notifications (to see delivered status, rejected, spam, opens, clicks, etc)?
Apologies if this is too much for a post, but I thought other subscribers might be interested in the answers. Thanks in advance for any and all help!